29 C
Buea
May 24, 2020

   Live Radio



Home » Gambia’s Health Minister Warns Despite Release Of Two COVID-19 Patients.
Africa News

Gambia’s Health Minister Warns Despite Release Of Two COVID-19 Patients.

By Patience Loum, Banjul, The Gambia – Thursday, April 1, 2020.

The Ministry of Health has announced the release of two Coronavirus patients from treatment facilities after laboratory test results came out negative.

According to the Health Minister, Ahmadou Samateh, the patients have undergone recovery and have been effectively discharged on April 1, 2020.

“The first and third COVID-19 cases are declared to have recovered from the disease as confirmed by the two consecutive negative tests and these individuals have been discharged from the hospitals,” the Minister stated.

The Minister notes that patients were discharged following guidelines from the World Health Organisation – WHO. “As per the WHO guidelines, the two consecutive negative tests for each of these individuals is a confirmation of recovery,” he said during a press briefing.

The Minister further noted that the recovery of the two cases now leaves only one active case (the fourth) in the country following the death of the second case last month.

He, however, urged all to stay vigilant as this does not give room for complacency. “We want to emphasize that this doesn’t give any room for complacency…We should still be as vigilant as possible,” he said.

Minister Ahmadou Samateh also said people recovering gives no visa that others should take the disease lightly, citing the fact that mortalities associated with the COVID-19 are increasing worldwide.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More